- Salam Sos Cili Manis Perisa Thai
- 1 tbsp Salam Sos Berperisa Tiram
- ½ tbsp salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 4 tbsps water
- 3 tbsps cooking oil
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
- 150g shrimps (finely chopped)
- 5-6 dried shiitake mushrooms (soaked and finely chopped)
- 200g jicama (sliced)
- 100g carrots (sliced)
- 100g bean sprouts (optional)
- 1 pack spring roll wrappers (about 25 pieces)
- 1 tbsp corn starch (mixed with 1/4 cup water)
- Cook bean sprouts in boiling water for 30 seconds. Drain and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in wok. Add minced garlic and stir-fry till fragrant.
- Add in shredded shrimps and mushrooms and stir-fry for a few minutes before adding in jicama, carrots and bean sprouts.
- Add sauce mix and stir well, adjusting level of saltiness according to preference. Heat off after few minutes, when vegetables start to turn soft.
- Dish out fillings to drain (removing all excess liquid) and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together corn starch and water. Set aside for use in step (8).
- Place 1½ spoonfuls of fillings on a spring roll wrapper.
- Add corn starch mixture at all four corners of wrapper, then fold in corners and roll up. Repeat for all wrappers.
- Heat oil in wok. On medium heat, deep-fry the spring rolls until golden brown and crispy. Dish out and remove excess oil with paper towels.
- Serve hot with Salam Sos Cili Manis Perisa Thai as dipping sauce.