- 1 pc fish (medium size)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 1-2 pcs kaffir lime leaves
- cooking oil
(PASTE, TO BLEND):
- 2 red onions
- 2 stalks lemongrass
- 4-5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp Salam Sos Berperisa Tiram
- 2-3 tbsp Salam Sos Cili Manis Perisa Thai
- 2 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1-2 pcs kaffir lime leaves, minced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- ½ tsp cornstarch, diluted with ½ cup water
- lettuce leaves
- coriander leaves, chopped
- scallion, chopped
- Wash and clean the fish, make some slits on both sides of the fish, season with salt, turmeric powder and cornstarch, set aside.
- Heat up enough oil in the wok and insert the fish and kaffir lime leaves once the oil is heated. Deep fry until cooked through and set aside on a serving plate.
- Pour the extra oil to a separate heat resistant container, leaving just enough for stir fry.
- Add in garlic and blended paste, stir fry until aromatic.
- Add in sauces, incorporate with some water to form enough gravy.
- Then add in sugar and kaffir lime leaves and bring to a boil.
- Toss in sliced red onions, tomatoes and chillies to the sauce, stir to coat it with the gravy.
- Add in cornstarch solution to thicken the gravy.
- Pour the sauce over the fish. Garnish with coriander leaves and scallion. Serve immediately.
Turmeric powder and kaffir lime leaves help to reduce the fishy smell from the fish.