- Salam Kicap Manis
- 5 tbsps Salam Kicap Manis
- 3 tbsps vegetable oil
- 2 tbsps lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tamarind extract
- 1 kg whole fish (salt and black pepper to marinate)
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp salt
- 3 tbsps oil
- Sliced cucumbers
- Tomato wedges
- 1 lime (cut into halves)
- Clean well, then make deep slits on both sides of fish.
- Lightly rub salt and black pepper on fish, then coat sauce mix on fish well.
- Wrap using aluminium foil to ensure freshness, then chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the marinated fish from chiller.
- Preheat the grill with high heat and lightly oil grate.
- Grill fish for 4 to 5 minutes per side (or longer depending on heat) until done.
- Transfer to plate, squeeze lime over fish and garnish with tomato wedges and sliced cucumbers. Enjoy with Salam Kicap Manis as dipping sauce.